Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Flowers for your birthday

This card was actually kind of fun to make, despite how easy it really is. Well, maybe that is why I enjoyed it so much, cause every once in a while it's nice to just make a card without having to fuss with it too much!

Stamp the flowers from Eastern Blooms and cut them out. You can just use one color, but for my card, I used a sponge dauber and used a mixture of Real Red, Ruby Red and Pumpkin Pie, and a little Bravo Burgundy to give it some variation.
Then take a strip of white and use the scallop edge punch to create faux ric-rac. Stamp the sentiment from Hugs and Wishes on a small scrap of white. edge your patterned paper with white, and arrange them all on a pale yellow cardbase. I have used Dimensionals behind the sentiment.

I hear rumor that the catalogs should be arriving very very soon, some demonstrators may even get theirs today.....I hope that someone is me! I am DYING of anticipation! I'm sure mail and shipping delivery people will be stalked until they arrive!

No comments: