Thursday, May 7, 2009

Trying to keep up

I've recently realized something about myself...I have a tendency to be a little behind the times. In other words I will fall in love with something after it's had its day in the sun.

Take last years In Colors for instance..... In the last few weeks I have been using Groovy Guava and Blue Bayou like crazy! I've been working on Mothers Day cards for some of my moms co-workers (and one for my mom!) and have really been favoring Groovy Guava. I wish that the In Colors could stay around all the time instead of retiring! Or at least special order or something! Oh well, such is life!

But back to the card, I have used Groovy Guava, which you can use too if you stockpiled it last year like I did, or you can substitute any color you like. I just used polka dots on the bottom, and stripes on the top, placed a strip of Very Vanilla across the seam, (you can use ribbon) and put the main image and panel over the strip. I stamped the images with Embrace Life in Basic Gray, and All Holidays in Basic Black. I used a blender pen and Groovy Guava ink for the flower and added a little pearl in the center.

No comments: