Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Blessings














I have been posting mostly easy/beginner level cards so far, and thought I would add one that would be more of an intermediate level. This was the first card I made when my Happy Blessings set arrived a few weeks ago! This set comes from the Holiday Mini catalog, and it is so cute! I just love the little scarecrow! But for this card, I used the pumpkins and wheat image. I began by stamping the image on Very Vanilla in Creamy Caramel. I then colored the image with the watercolor technique in varying colors, mostly from the Earth Elements set. I then used the splatter stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamped off once with Creamy Caramel ink. I also used my sponge daubers with Creamy Caramel to age the paper a bit. I then distressed the edges with my scissors. I put that on an Old Olive mat. On a strip of Creamy Caramel cardstock, I stamped the Canvas background stamp in Creamy Caramel. I matted that strip with elegant Eggplant. On the Pumpkin Pie cardbase, I stamped the Sanded background stamp in Pumpkin Pie ink. I then adhered the pieces, then punched two pieces from the Word Window punch in Elegant Eggplant, trimmed them down to fit, poked a hole on one side of each, and placed an antique gold brad in them, then adhered them to the card. Lastly, I used the sentiment from the Happy Blessings set in Elegant Eggplant to finish off the card!

.

No comments: