Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Painted Petals, Bloom With Hope, Birthday Card


Oh, look! i made another birthday card! haha... I do seem to go through them quite fast, and this is probably why i always make my cards birthday cards.
This is another of my Stampin' Royalty sample cards, as this weeks theme is Watercoloring!

 I made this card using the Painted Petals Stamp Set, Bloom With Hope stamp set, and the Irresistibly Yours designer series paper, that let me just tell you how much i L-O-V-E!

I started by watercoloring the Irresistibly Yours designer series paper with Soft Sky and Wisteria Winder, then also watercolored a little bit in the main image panel with Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzazz. I then stamped the stems over the watercoloring, and matted the piece on Sahara Sand. I punched the butterflies out of Soft Sky and added some pearls, then i cut a small strip of vellum and stamped Happy Birthday on it with StazOn, then directly on the back, i used straight Wisteria Wonder ink and my paintbrush and colored behind the words. I then used a strip of Whisper White to line the back, and also added white brads to each side to hold the vellum and white strip together. it also gives me a place to put the dimensionals so they wont be seen.

I layered the pieces, adding some White Satin Ribbon and some White Bakers Twine along the bottom before adhering it all to the cardbase.  This is so much more 'frilly' looking than i am used to, but i really like the way it turned out :o)


Supplies:
Stamps - Painted Petals, Bloom With Hope
Ink - Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock - Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand
Accessories - White Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Irresistibly Yours Designer Series paper



I'm also on Facebook! Stampin' Everything! Stop on over and give it a 'like'!

1 comment:

Carrie Rhoades said...

Beautiful Card! I really need to use that set more, it's a challenge for me, but you have inspired me!