Wednesday, August 24, 2011

That Sparkle in you Eyes...


Oh, this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge is extra exciting!!! Its all about things that sparkle!! What girl doesn't like things that sparkle? I know i do!

You know, when i sit down and try to visualize what i want to make each week, i have to say it is very rare it comes out just as i envisioned. Well, i have to say that this card was almost exactly what i pictured! I had even made a rough sketch before i began. The white portion was a little different than i would have liked, but it works. : )

I began by doing the main panel, i cut a rectangle of Bermuda Bay, then a panel of Pool Party that i cut freehanded in a wavy pattern, then repeated with a panel of Whisper White. I then glued them together, and added stitching using Going Grey marker. I die cut several snowflakes using the Northern Frost die, then i inked the sentiment stamp from Contempo Christmas using markers. I then stamped it and cut it out. After adhering everything on the card, i added lots and lots of pretties!! (rhinestones)
I put it all on a few different mats of Whisper White, Pool Party, and a Bermuda Bay cardbase.
I know that Bermuda Bay is retired, but this card would look equally as pretty with different shades of blue...or even pink....(i might have to try that one!)



now you can
Follow me on Facebook!

3 comments:

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

No matter how you visualized it, it turned out awesome! Very original and funky. Great job, Georgie!

xo B.

LeAnne said...

This is a wonderful card---what a great technique!

STASIA SLOMA said...

beautiful card!!! love it!!