Friday, December 12, 2008

One layer Christmas card

Ok, I said I would post another card similar to the last one I posted, and here it is! I LOVE the way this card turned out! It was so simple, but really gives the feeling of winter. It doesn't look like much in the picture, you can click on it to get a better view, but in person it is super cute!

I started by using the adorable snowman from Jolliest time of the Year set and stamped him in Basic Gray on a really light gray cardstock. I then stamped with the large splatter from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in White Craft ink randomly around the card. I then did the same with the small snowflake from Snow Swirled. I used colored pencils to give the snowman life, then stamped the sentiment from Cardinal Christmas in Basic Gray using my Stamp-a-ma-jig (couldn't have gotten it straight without it!) and lastly, I highlighted the snowdrifts with Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter!
My mom wanted to re-create these as part of her Christmas Card set. We were able to make 10 of these in about an hour, so not only is it a fun little card, but pretty quick and easy too! No cutting, measuring, or adhering!


On a personal note, the craft bazaar was this last monday, and I want to blog about it, but this week has been busy (again!) Hopefully I will get a chance to write about it soon! I will have pictures too! Check back in a couple days for that!

In the meantime, don't forget about the great specials happening right now! Check out the last post for details!

.

No comments: