Monday, December 22, 2008

Gold on gold


Some of you may remember this card from my Christmas in July class several months ago, but I thought I would add this picture to show everyone how easy and fast it can be to make a beautiful card, even now that there are only 2 days left until Christmas! If you have this stamp set or one similar, you still have time to make a card like this for a friend or loved one, and if not, you can always get a head start for next year!

This card uses a retired set called Peaceful Wishes, but there are several current sets you can use that would look really nice with this card. A few examples are: Christmas Classics (pg 32) Snow Swirled (pg 32) and Holiday Trinkets (pg 35) Or you can use any set you like!

This card is very easy. You can either make the whole card out of the gold shimmer cardstock, or do as I did, and use a Chocolate Chip cardbase with the Gold Shimmer panel.

I started by swiping the panel with Embossing Buddy, which helps keep the embossing powder from sticking where you don't want it. I then used versamark to ink the stamps, stamped both images, then sprinkled gold embossing powder over the images. I tapped off the excess, then used my heat tool to heat the images. I adhered the panel to the cardbase, and that's it! You could get TONS of these done in no time, and they look so nice!
As an alternative, if you don't have the supplies to emboss, you can also do this simple layout with colored ink and white or vanilla cardstock!
So if you still have someone you wanted to make a card for, start stamping! You can do it!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Thats a very pretty card, just like its creator :)