Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I love it when a card comes together!

I had made a BUNCH of cards using this cupcake stamp from the More the Merrier hostess set from the new catalog, but most of them sold before I had a chance to photograph them. I was sure to get a pic of this one, cause I really like it!
This card is funny how it came about, cause I had actually started with a cardbase with a strip of patterned paper on it, and for the longest time, I didn't know what to do with it. I just wasn't inspired with it.
So I put it away in my half finished cards pile, and forgot about it. Well, while working on my birthday cards, I made the image and colored it, and looked through my half finished cards to see if something went together. These two magically came together and it was meant to be! And to top it off, the punched border piece was actually part of a mess up piece that was sitting on my desk from a day earlier!
I put a little glitter on the cupcakes, but you can't see it here.

Set used: The More the Merrier, Hugs and Wishes. Soft Sky, Pretty in Pink cardstock.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Very cute! Love being able to use pieces like that!