Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Little Gifts, Big Gifts.

Today is the day we make it official with the new place. I still can't believe it! It really is a HUGE blessing and a gift to us. It just all worked out amazingly.

So I thought it appropriate that my post for today is a little gift box! This box was not difficult at all. It is actually a variation of a little Easter basket we made for one of my classes a few months back.

Here are the instructions on how to make it!




Cut a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock in half vertically (4¼ x 11)

mark and score at the following measurements:

2 5/8 (sides)

1 ½ (Bottom)

You should have one small portion at one end for an overlap later.

If you are going to stamp on your cardstock, now is the time to do that.

Use the Scallop border Punch along the top edge. Cut along the vertical score lines from the bottom up to the horizontal score line to create flaps. Cut off only the small flap at the one end.

Fold along the score lines until you get a box shape, use sticky strip along the overlap portion and adhere to inside of box. Fold up bottom flaps and secure on last flap with sticky strip.

At this point, I cut the DSP for the panels, and adhered them.

I then stamped the frame and leaves from Great Friend and cut them out. For the frame mat, I used the Matchbox Die and Pretty in Pink cardstock. I then put on the Very Vanilla ribbon, punched holes in the scallops with my tiny hole punch, and added shredding.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

How very cute! Love the colors you used and how you decorated it.