Monday, July 16, 2018

Color Pop, Graduated Dots Card!




I had mentioned in one of my previous posts about the FSJ  Better Together Convention that I attended in June, and I was able to go with my upline, bestie, and inspiration, Carrie Rhoades, and we had SO much fun!!
one of the stamp sets we got in our Convention bag was the Color Pop set!
She and i decided we would do a monthly challenge, and this challenge (our first!) was to pick a set we got at convention and make a card with it!
Here are the cards we came up with!!! Mine is the first photo, hers is the 2nd. I love hers! do you see that beautiful ombre background she made??? Oh, it reminds me of sherbet!
She makes the most amazing things, and is a huge source for inspiration, tutorials, and all things stamping! Click on over to her blog, Carrie Stamps, and see how she made this card, and check out her other posts while you are there too! So much to see!!

If you would like to know a little more about how i made my card, keep reading! (then go over to visit Carrie's Blog!) 

I stamped the Graduated Dots background stamp in Whip Cream on a Black Licorice cardbase to begin. Then i die cut a Whip Cream panel using dies from the Pocket Cuts Die Set.  On a panel of Black Licorice cardstock, i stamped the saying from the Color Pop set in Whip Cream, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, then i colored specific words with different colors of True Fusion Inks, and gave it a coating of Journey Glaze.
I adhered a few flowers that were cut from the Blooming Details and Colorful Blooms Die sets, finished it off with some centers for the flowers and a coating of Journey Glaze on a flower or two, and it was all done! 


Here is the video tutorial on how i colored the white embossing!!



You can check out my facebook page here!:


Supplies: 
Stamps: Color Pop, Graduated Dots
Ink: Whip Cream, Orange Rave, Electric Lime, Turbo Teal, Watermelon Fusion
Cardstock: Black Licorice, Whip Cream, Watermelon Fusion, Orange Rave, Electric Lime
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Pocket Cuts Dies, Blooming Details Dies, Colorful Bloom Dies, Journey Glaze

No comments: