Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sassy Salutations Cherry On Top Balloon Card



This weeks Challenge at Stampin' Royalty is a COLOR CHALLENGE!


This card took me 3 tries before i got it to where i was somewhat pleased with it haha...
All it took was a small balloon punch, some patterned paper, a little cardstock, and two stamps! 
I do wish that the Bermuda Bay watercolor portion would have stamped a little straighter, but waddya gonna do ;o)
I will probably make more of these now that i have the design down...

I cut the curve in the Whisper White cardstock using a plate and tracing it to make a curved edge. I did this with both the white and Bermuda Bay piece i used to layer with.
I just cut a piece of patterned paper from the Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack and glued it to the bottom portion. I stamped the watercolor wash from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar set in Bermuda Bay, using a sponge to lift some of the ink before stamping so the color wouldn't be so intense. I then used my Basic Black and the Happy Birthday from Sassy Salutation for the greeting. 
I then punched several balloons using the small balloon punch and arranged and glued them down.  To give them the 'shine', i used my White Chalk Marker.  The hardest part about this card is arranging the balloons to look just right! Everything else was pretty easy!

Supplies:
Ink - Bermuda Bay, Basic Black
Cardstock - Bermuda Bay, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Stamps - Sassy Salutations, Perpetual Birthday Calendar
Accessories - Small Balloon Punch, Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack





Stop by my facebook page and give it a 'like'!

No comments: